Rosanne Cash postpones shows due to medical emergency

New Photo - Rosanne Cash postpones shows due to medical emergency

Johnny Cash’s eldest daughter, 71, still has several tour dates remaining this year. Rosanne Cash postpones shows due to medical emergency Johnny Cash’s eldest daughter, 71, still has several tour dates remaining this year. By Raechal Shewfelt :maxbytes(150000):stripicc()/RaechalShewfeltauthorphotoc49d3a3b6aa442f588f2bbc0de804e09.jpg) Raechal Shewfelt Raechal Shewfelt is a writer at . She has been working at EW since 2024. Her work has previously appeared on Yahoo and in American Journalism Review and The Shreveport Times. EW's editorial guidelines September 7, 2026 7:57 p.m.

Johnny Cash’s eldest daughter, 71, still has several tour dates remaining this year.

Rosanne Cash postpones shows due to medical emergency

Johnny Cash’s eldest daughter, 71, still has several tour dates remaining this year.

By Raechal Shewfelt

Raechal Shewfelt is a news writer at

Raechal Shewfelt

Raechal Shewfelt is a writer at **. She has been working at EW since 2024. Her work has previously appeared on Yahoo and in American *Journalism Review* and *The Shreveport Times*.

EW's editorial guidelines

September 7, 2026 7:57 p.m. ET

Leave a Comment

Rosanne Cash

Rosanne Cash performs in 2024 in New York City. Credit:

Valerie Terranova/Getty

- Rosanne Cash has postponed shows on her current tour.

- The artist’s management announced the action on her Instagram page.

- The shows will be rescheduled, according to the statement.

Rosanne Cash, the eldest daughter of late country music legend Johnny Cash, has postponed three dates on her current tour for health reasons.

“Rosanne Cash must postpone her performances due to an unexpected medical emergency,” her management posted on the artist’s Instagram page. “She is recovering under her doctors’ supervision, who have recommended a temporary restriction on travel and performing. This restriction is impacting her upcoming Wyoming and Montana shows. Rosanne deeply regrets the cancellation and looks forward to rescheduling appearances.”

In the second image of the post, a list of tour dates shows the postponed appearances were originally scheduled Sept. 8 in Sheridan, Wyo.; Sept. 9 in Billings, Mont.; and Sept. 10 in Bozeman, Mont.

Cash, 71, is scheduled to perform in Jonesboro, Ark., on Sept. 19, before making a string of European appearances in late October and Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium on Nov. 9. Her schedule has her visiting several cities in Southern California in January.

The four-time Grammy winner has released more than a dozen studio albums since her 1978 debut. Her music spans genres, including country, pop, and Americana.

The singer and songwriter behind hits such as “I Don’t Know Why You Don’t Want Me” and “Seven Year Ache” was inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2015.

'A Complete Unknown' director James Mangold breaks down what's fact vs. fiction in Bob Dylan biopic

Timothée Chalamet in A Complete Unknown

Talking with Rosanne Cash

Card Placeholder Image

EW has reached out to Cash’s management for comment.

Cash explained to Terry Gross on a 2009 episode of *Fresh Air* that her father very much influenced her love for music of many genres.

“When I was 18 years old, I went on the road with my dad after I graduated from high school. And we were riding on the tour bus one day, kind of rolling through the South, and he mentioned a song,” she said. “We started talking about songs, and he mentioned one. And I said, I don’t know that one. And he mentioned another. I said, I don’t know that one either, Dad. And he became very alarmed that I didn’t know what he considered my own musical genealogy. And I was very steeped in pop and rock music, and I grew up in Southern California. So he spent the rest of the afternoon making a list for me.”

***Get your daily dose of entertainment news, celebrity updates, and what to watch with our ******EW Dispatch newsletter******.***

She noted that the list was supposedly country music songs, but they were really just a diverse collection of American songs, which she recorded for her 2009 album *The List*.

“He covered every critical point in Southern and American music — early folk songs, protest songs, Delta blues, Southern gospel, early country music, Appalachian,” Cash said. “Everything that fed into modern country music was on that list. So his overview was really of a musicologist but formed by his instincts, you know, and just the rhythm in his own blood. So I realized when he gave me the list at the age of 18 that this was an important document, and I set about learning these songs. But it took me, I think, until now to realize that he was really giving me himself, a part of his heart and soul.”

Johnny Cash died in Nashville on Sept. 12, 2003, at the age of 71.

- Celebrities & Creators

- Celebrity Health

Original Article on Source

Source: "EW Celebrity"

Read More


Source: Celebrity

Published: September 8, 2026 at 04:00AM on Source: RED MAG

#ShowBiz#Sports#Celebrities#Lifestyle

 

RED MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com