Barbara Eden abruptly cancels festival appearance after falling ill

New Photo - Barbara Eden abruptly cancels festival appearance after falling ill

Barbara Eden abruptly cancels festival appearance after falling ill Edward Segarra, USA TODAYSun, September 6, 2026 at 4:50 PM UTC 0 Icons deserve their flowers, but Barbara Eden could use a getwell card instead. The Golden Globenominated actress and "I Dream of Jeannie" star, who was scheduled to appear at the Cinecon Classic Film Festival over the weekend, abruptly pulled out of the event after falling ill, the festival announced on social media Saturday, Sept. 5.

Barbara Eden abruptly cancels festival appearance after falling ill

Edward Segarra, USA TODAYSun, September 6, 2026 at 4:50 PM UTC

0

Icons deserve their flowers, but Barbara Eden could use a get-well card instead.

The Golden Globe-nominated actress and "I Dream of Jeannie" star, who was scheduled to appear at the Cinecon Classic Film Festival over the weekend, abruptly pulled out of the event after falling ill, the festival announced on social media Saturday, Sept. 5.

"We're sorry to share that, due to a sudden illness, Barbara Eden will no longer be able to appear in person at Cinecon tonight," the statement read. Additional details on Eden's condition were not shared.

Eden, 95, was set to receive the Cinecon Legacy Award for her career in film and television. Other honorees included Lainie Kazan, Nancy Kwan and Anna Maria Alberghetti.

Actor Pat Boone, who costarred with Eden in the 1961 film "All Hands on Deck," accepted the award on her behalf following a screening of the film, according to Cinecon Classic Film Festival's statement.

"Barbara is deeply regretful that she had to cancel at the last minute, as she had been very much looking forward to seeing everyone and celebrating with us," the statement concluded. "We know how many of you were excited to welcome Barbara. We appreciate your understanding and join you in sending her our best wishes for a speedy recovery."

USA TODAY has reached out to Eden's representatives for comment.

Barbara Eden interview: Why 'I Dream of Jeannie' star counted herself out for iconic role

Eden had already been making a name for herself in Hollywood, including leading performances in the sitcom "How to Marry a Millionaire" and the Elvis Presley western "Flaming Star," when she was cast in the NBC series "I Dream of Jeannie." The fantasy comedy, which starred Eden alongside Larry Hagman, followed the whimsical adventures of astronaut Anthony Nelson, who discovers an enchanted lamp with a wish-granting genie.

Advertisement

The show ran for five seasons from 1965 to 1970 and earned Eden a Golden Globe nomination for best comedy TV actress. Although the role would make her famous, Eden said she had her doubts about the show at first.

In a 2020 interview with USA TODAY, Eden recalled that many of the actresses they were testing for Jeannie were her physical opposite.

"They were all brunettes, and they were all beauty contest winners, which meant they were almost six feet tall," Eden said at the time. "I said, 'Are you sure they know what I look like? Because I'm a short blonde and certainly not [the] Middle Eastern type."

Barabra Eden opens up about aging, health

In a September 2024 interview with Fox News Digital, Eden opened up about aging and how she's managed to stay in shape over the years.

"I used to work out all the time," Eden told the outlet. "I used to do spinning classes and then do weights with a trainer. … When COVID hit, that ended my heavy workouts. Now, I have a stationary bicycle, and I lift five pounds. I use very lightweight weights, but they're good for your bones."

Barbara Eden aging: 'I Dream of Jeannie' star stuns fans with youthful photo

In addition to exercise, Eden said, maintaining a balanced diet is another part of her wellness regimen.

"I was lucky to have a mother and father who were conscious of eating well and living," Eden said. "My mother’s mantra was 'moderation of all things.' That's how they lived, and that's how I've lived."

Contributing: Erin Jensen, USA TODAY

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Barbara Eden abruptly cancels festival appearance after falling ill

Original Article on Source

Source: "AOL Entertainment"

Read More


Source: Entertainment

Published: September 6, 2026 at 08:09PM on Source: RED MAG

#ShowBiz#Sports#Celebrities#Lifestyle

 

RED MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com