Nicole Kidman Makes Rare Comments About Keith Urban Divorce: “I Didn’t Expect This”

New Photo - Nicole Kidman Makes Rare Comments About Keith Urban Divorce: “I Didn’t Expect This”

Nicole Kidman Makes Rare Comments About Keith Urban Divorce: “I Didn’t Expect This” Lara WalshThu, August 13, 2026 at 2:46 PM UTC 0 Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman attend the 2025 Academy of Country Music Awards at Omni Frisco Hotel at The Star on May 8, 2025 in Frisco, Texas.Credit: Getty ImagesThe Gist Nicole Kidman shared her most vulnerable comments yet about her divorce from Keith Urban in a new interview. The Babygirl actress said she “didn’t expect” the former couple’s split in a profile for British Vogue.

Nicole Kidman Makes Rare Comments About Keith Urban Divorce: “I Didn’t Expect This”

Lara WalshThu, August 13, 2026 at 2:46 PM UTC

0

Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman attend the 2025 Academy of Country Music Awards at Omni Frisco Hotel at The Star on May 8, 2025 in Frisco, Texas.Credit: Getty ImagesThe Gist -

Nicole Kidman shared her most vulnerable comments yet about her divorce from Keith Urban in a new interview.

The Babygirl actress said she “didn’t expect” the former couple’s split in a profile for British Vogue.

Kidman and Urban finalized their divorce in January, ending their marriage of nearly two decades.

Now that the dust has settled on Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban’s divorce, the Practical Magic 2 actress is sharing rare comments about how she got through the “deeply fearful” aftermath of their unexpected split. In a new interview with British Voguepublished on August 13, Kidman got candid about how she’s been finding “hope” while coming to terms with a “different view of what [her] life was going to be.”

Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban attend the 2025 Golden Globe Awards at The Beverly Hilton on January 5, 2025 in Beverly Hills, California.Credit: Getty Images

The 59-year-old actress—who finalized her divorce from Urban in January—said she’s still processing the split. The couple was married for almost two decades. “I’m like, ‘OK, I didn’t expect this. I had a different view of what my life was going to be, but this is what it is now,’” Kidman shared.

Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban attend ‘The Golden Compass’ world premiere held at the Odeon Leicester Square on November 27, 2007 in London, England.Credit: Getty Images

“You make all these plans and you have all these ideas of what it’s all going to be like and then it’s… not. You have to adjust. You adapt. The future, it’s completely unknown to me right now. Strange,” she explained.

Advertisement

The Babygirl actress admitted that at one point, this uncertainty scared her, sharing, “There was a point where I was very fearful and deeply vulnerable, which is exposing. And then at the same time [I’m] going, ‘Well, I can either really not confront it and just curl up, or I can just go forward with an enormous amount of hope.’”

Nicole Kidman attends the ‘Lioness’ Season 3 New York Premiere at SVA Theater on July 29, 2026 in New York City.Credit: Getty Images

Kidman has relied on her go-to “feelings-first” approach to process her emotions and get her on the other side. She said, “I’ve approached my whole life like that. That’s just who I am. I don’t overthink things and I’m probably not that analytical. I’m far more feeling-centred and I lead with my heart. I just go, ‘OK, what do I feel here? I’ll give it a go.’ It throws people, because I think they think I’ll be far more measured and I’m not.”

Kidman—who is rumored to be dating private equity investor Michael Reinstein—revealed how her mindset has shifted as she’s rediscovered herself in this new chapter. “I’ve always wanted to live a well-examined life, so what does that entail?” she said. “Trying things, making mistakes, failing, getting back up, moving on, embracing love, staying open, keeping the heart open and the possibilities.”

on InStyle

Original Article on Source

Source: "AOL Entertainment"

Read More


Source: Entertainment

Published: August 13, 2026 at 06:01PM on Source: RED MAG

#ShowBiz#Sports#Celebrities#Lifestyle

 

RED MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com