Taylor Swift admits she likes to &x27;mock&x27; critics using this technique Niti MajethiaTue, August 25, 2026 at 1:51 PM UTC 0 In a retrospective conversation for The Icon Sessions on Monday, presented by the Recording Academy's Songwriters & Composers Wing, Taylor Swift revealed how she copes with the scrutiny that comes with living in the public eye Credit:Recording Academy Taylor Swift knows how to be strategic when it comes to dealing with the perks and perils of her monstrous fame.
Taylor Swift admits she likes to 'mock' critics using this technique

Niti MajethiaTue, August 25, 2026 at 1:51 PM UTC
0

In a retrospective conversation for The Icon Sessions on Monday, presented by the Recording Academy's Songwriters & Composers Wing, Taylor Swift revealed how she copes with the scrutiny that comes with living in the public eye -Credit:Recording Academy
Taylor Swift knows how to be strategic when it comes to dealing with the perks and perils of her monstrous fame.
The global pop sensation's Eras Tour is officially the highest-grossing concert tour of all time, making history as the first tour to surpass both the $1 billion and $2 billion thresholds. But despite her extraordinary successes, the pop powerhouse, 36, is no stranger to critics. In a retrospective conversation for The Icon Sessions on Monday, presented by the Recording Academy's Songwriters & Composers Wing, Taylor shared how she copes with the scrutiny that comes with living in the public eye.
This comes after the popstar tied the knot to NFL star Travis Kelce.
• Taylor Swift 'deeply saddened' over Hayden Panettiere's death as they shared connection
• How Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce's relationship changed after wedding
“Sometimes when people are mocking me it’s really fun to mock them back,” she told Recording Academy CEO Harvey Mason Jr. during the sit-down interview.
“Sometimes I like to just use words that they have to look up in order to talk s--t about,” she continued with a laugh.
"But I go through several processes and coping mechanisms that I've gone through over the years. And one of them is saying, 'You chose this. You chose this every day. You could have opted out of this any day before it got unmanageably big,'" she said.
Advertisement

Taylor Swift let fans in on her mindset -Credit:Recording Academy
"And I decided not to because I love it that much. And that's just where it begins and where it ends. And everything that comes with this ultimately is worth it as long as I get to still make music," she continued.
She added that she makes music to "play for the fans."
“I’m putting this out for people who care about it and who look to music as a way to cope with their life in the way that I did," she explained.
She added, “I think that if you can actually go through all those checkpoints, and realize that putting out music that you’ve made that you love so much is not the path to universal validation, if you’re still doing it, then you love it for the right reasons.”
She also told her fans that she "never turned to music to forget my human experience."
"I turned to music to remember it. And so in songwriting, I find myself drawn to consequences, stakes, and the passage of time so we can see those decisions through," she noted.

Taylor Swift stated that she makes music to remember her human experience -Credit:AFP via Getty Images
The Love Story hitmaker has previously also acknowledged that she did, in fact, choose a life in the public eye.
“I welcome the chaos,” Taylor said in an interview with Apple Music’s Zane Lowe. “The rule of show business is, if it’s the first week of my album release and you are saying either my name or my album title, you’re helping.”
Source: "AOL Entertainment"
Source: Entertainment
Published: August 25, 2026 at 05:09PM on Source: RED MAG
#ShowBiz#Sports#Celebrities#Lifestyle