Jill Biden Admits Understanding Hunter's Drug Addiction Was 'Really Hard' as He Endured Multiple Rehab Stints

New Photo - Jill Biden Admits Understanding Hunter's Drug Addiction Was 'Really Hard' as He Endured Multiple Rehab Stints

Jill Biden Admits Understanding Hunter&x27;s Drug Addiction Was &x27;Really Hard&x27; as He Endured Multiple Rehab Stints Daniel Gura Fri, August 7, 2026 at 3:43 PM UTC 0 Jill Biden got candid about her own struggles with Hunter Biden's drug addiction.mega Jill Biden has confessed that coming to terms with her stepson Hunter Biden&x27;s crippling drug addiction was "really hard," RadarOnline.com can reveal. The former first lady got candid about Hunter&x27;s troubles, in part blaming herself for his setbacks.

Jill Biden Admits Understanding Hunter's Drug Addiction Was 'Really Hard' as He Endured Multiple Rehab Stints

Daniel Gura Fri, August 7, 2026 at 3:43 PM UTC

0

Jill Biden got candid about her own struggles with Hunter Biden's drug addiction.mega

Jill Biden has confessed that coming to terms with her stepson Hunter Biden's crippling drug addiction was "really hard," RadarOnline.com can reveal.

The former first lady got candid about Hunter's troubles, in part blaming herself for his setbacks.

Jill Biden Reflects on Hunter Biden's Struggles

Jill seemed to blame herself for his troubles.mega

Jill dropped by SiriusXM's Let's Talk Off Camera with Kelly Ripa for a wide-ranging discussion on everything from Donald Trump's White House renovations to whether or not she believes there will ever be a female president.

She spoke candidly about Hunter and his struggles, saying, "Addiction affects so many people, and it was really hard, I think, for me personally, to understand addiction, to understand it was an illness, because I kept feeling like, 'My God, we gave him everything.'"

The 75-year-old explained, "We gave him a good education. He couldn’t be more loved. He has a great family. We live in a great house. What more could we have given him?

"And so you tend to look at yourself and think, 'What did I do wrong? How could I have done this better?' And once you’re going through rehab after rehab and you're not getting answers, I think it's really hard."

Jill Biden Praises Hunter for Overcoming His Addiction

She did express her pride that he turned his life around.mega

Jill then praised Hunter for fighting the tough fight.

"But Hunter has overcome his addiction, if that’s the right word. Thank God," she told Ripa. "You’ve probably heard him on podcasts now. He openly talks about addiction, which I think is helping other addicts see their way forward and helping families..."

Ripa interjected, "Understand that it is a disease."

"Yeah. Exactly," Jill concurred. "Because it’s really hard to understand when you're going through it. But now he’s doing — he's helping people in recovery. He’s been in recovery, I think I forget; it’s eight to 10 years now. He’s remarried. He has a beautiful little boy whom he named Beau, who's six years old now.

Advertisement

"He turned his life around, but it wasn’t easy, and it was years and years."

Hunter Biden Hits Rock Bottom

Hunter has been going on a podcast press tour of forgiveness.mega

Hunter kicked off his apology podcast tour in May, when he held little back during a discussion with Candace Owens, who has spent years publicly mocking him as a drug addict. The president's son confessed he was one.

"I've heard you call me a crackhead many times, and the truth of the matter is, I was a crackhead," Hunter stated bluntly, before describing the realization that he had hit rock bottom.

"My marriage fell apart, and it just started a really, really dark cycle," he said. "My brother called me and said, 'This has got to stop.'

"And it forced me into a choice. And the choice was, do I get out of bed and live, or do I die?"

President Biden Stands By His Son's Side

Former President Joe Biden stood by his son during his addiction.mega

Hunter claimed in his memoir that he had a "superpower" for finding crack cocaine no matter where he was, and he took a hit of the powerful narcotic every 15 minutes.

He's previously detailed that at the height of his addiction, his daily routine consisted of "a bottle of vodka and as many hits on a crack pipe as possible."

Eventually Hunter's father, who was serving as vice president to then-President Barack Obama, had to confront him at his home.

Joe told his son, "I know you're not fine, Hunter. You need help."

Hunter said his dad never left his side despite his problems. He wrote, "He never let me forget that all was not lost. He never abandoned me, never shunned me, never judged me, no matter how bad things got - and believe me, from there they would get much, much worse."

Original Article on Source

Source: "AOL Entertainment"

Read More


Source: Entertainment

Published: August 7, 2026 at 07:00PM on Source: RED MAG

#ShowBiz#Sports#Celebrities#Lifestyle

 

RED MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com