Amy Schumer Pokes Fun at the Crowd While Introducing 'Friend' Andrew Cuomo at Fundraiser Party

Amy Schumer is understood for her jokes — however she gave New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo a significantly heartfelt introduction at his birthday party-slash-fundraiser in New York Metropolis on Wednesday night time.

A source at the event tells PEOPLE that Schumer did a standup routine before introducing the governor, who turns 62 on Friday.

About 300 supporters have been on the event Wednesday night time to have fun Cuomo’s birthday and help his re-election marketing campaign. Cuomo introduced in Might that he would search re-election and a fourth term as New York’s governor in 2022.

“He has all the time made me personally feel very snug and had an open-door coverage for the problems which might be necessary to me,” Schumer informed the gang, in line with the source. “And I’m proud to call myself a pal and a supporter and a constituent of Gov. Cuomo.”

RELATED: Amy Schumer Jokes She’ll Wear ‘Hospital Underwear for Life’ as She Cuddles with 5-Week-Old Son Gene

In attendance on Wednesday have been producer Jane Rosenthal, co-founder of the Tribeca Film Pageant, publicist Ken Sunshine and numerous labor and business leaders.

Cuomo’s daughters Cara and Mariah have been there alongside together with his mom, Matilda Cuomo, the previous New York first woman and widow of former Gov. Mario Cuomo.

The source says Cuomo had simply returned from a solidarity trip to Puerto Rico over Thanksgiving together with his three daughters.

RELATED: TV Chef Sandra Lee and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo Split After 14 Years

Schumer was quick with a quip throughout her standup at Wednesday’s get together, however she additionally struck an sometimes critical tone to wish governor Cuomo a cheerful birthday and categorical her help.

“I feel very aligned with him and his belief system. And so does my husband,” Schumer stated, based on the source, before wrapping up her message with a joke. “We don’t care how the infant identifies, homosexual, straight, trans — as long as he doesn't determine as a DJ.”

The 38-year-old comedian still obtained in a number of zingers on the crowd: “In case you guys are all here, who’s purchasing at Males’s Warehouse right now?”

Schumer launched Cuomo, who went on to attempt to ship some laughs himself, poking fun at his younger brother, CNN’s Chris Cuomo.

RELATED: Amy Schumer Celebrates First Birthday as a Mom as She Cuddles Up to 4-Week-Old Son Gene

“Once I was youthful I used to be uncomfortable about it, however I’m a mama’s boy,” the governor advised the gang, in line with the supply. “My mom has 5 youngsters. They’re all good, however I'm her favourite. I do know that as a result of she informed me. She advised me to not inform the others. I didn’t, anticipate one: I advised my brother Chris just to make him feel dangerous about himself. It didn’t succeed, because nothing can make Chris really feel dangerous about himself. But I advised him anyway because sibling rivalry actually by no means ends, you already know, it simply goes on and on and on.”


Src: Amy Schumer Pokes Fun at the Crowd While Introducing 'Friend' Andrew Cuomo at Fundraiser Party
==============================
New Smart Way Get BITCOINS!
CHECK IT NOW!
==============================

No comments:

Theme images by Jason Morrow. Powered by Blogger.