‘I have $40k purchase that’s useless,’ cries driver with a new car ‘lawn ornament’ after DMV debacle – title never came | 88I24H8 | 2024-05-12 12:08:01

New Photo - 'I have $40k purchase that's useless,' cries driver with a new car 'lawn ornament' after DMV debacle – title never came | 88I24H8 | 2024-05-12 12:08:01
'I have $40k purchase that's useless,' cries driver with a new car 'lawn ornament' after DMV debacle – title never came | 88I24H8 | 2024-05-12 12:08:01

A DRIVER bought out her $40,000 Audi lease but had endless issues when attempting to get the vehicle title.

Christiana Quinn of Providence, Rhode Island, was sent in circles to get her official title between the DMV, the leasing office, headquarters, and the car dealership.

'I have $40k purchase that's useless,' cries driver with a new car 'lawn ornament' after DMV debacle – title never came
'I have $40k purchase that's useless,' cries driver with a new car 'lawn ornament' after DMV debacle – title never came
WJAR
Christiana Quinn ended up in a confusing situation when it came to getting her hands on the title of her Audi[/caption]
'I have $40k purchase that's useless,' cries driver with a new car 'lawn ornament' after DMV debacle – title never came
'I have $40k purchase that's useless,' cries driver with a new car 'lawn ornament' after DMV debacle – title never came
WJAR
Quinn was unable to drive the Audi she bought out for eight months[/caption]

Quinn first requested to receive the lease from Audi headquarters in the mail, but she never received it since no signature was required, she told NBC affiliate WJAR in February 2022.

"I sent them a check for the balance of the buyout and I waited for the title, but the title never arrived," Quinn said.

Quinn was left unable to drive her car and it just sat on her front lawn for months because she needed the title to register it. 

"I have an over $40,000 purchase that is useless. I can't sell it, I can't drive it, I can't do anything," she explained. 

"Without the title to your car you can't register it, and so right now my car is essentially a lawn ornament," Quinn said.

Quinn thought sending a title in the mail would be required by Audi since it is such an important document.

But she learned a delivery driver left the title on her front porch and she never found it for herself. 

A spokesperson for Audi said it does not require a signature for titles unless the customer requests it, they told WJAR. 

"A car purchase is the second largest purchase you make next to your home," she said. 

"Why would a legal document for that large of a purchase be left on the front door? 

                    <!-- End of Brightcove Player -->  

"Why would there not be a signature required?"

After the confusion, Quinn requested to have a duplicate title mailed to her from Audi and records show she paid $25 for it. 

Quinn also never received the duplicate.

SENT IN CIRCLES

Her local news investigated the details behind why she didn't receive it and found out the DMV never sent the second version, WJAR reported.

<!--googleoff: all-->  <blockquote class="article__quote">    </blockquote>  <!--googleon: all-->  

It was also discovered that the Audi is still titled to VW Credit Leasing and Quinn is only the lessee even after she paid in full.

Quinn became confused as VW Credit Leasing and the car dealership Audi Warwick were blaming each other for who was responsible for sending the title. 

VW Credit Leasing told her to contact Audi Warwick and vice versa. 

Audi Warwick eventually reached out to Quinn and offered to give her a loaner vehicle.

But she said she was left waiting to receive it as well at the time. 

"At this point, it's been eight months since I've purchased my vehicle since they received my payment," she said. 

"I would like the title to my car and I would like a loaner car until I receive the title because I can't legally drive my car."

#40k #thats #useless #cries #driver #new #car #lawn #ornament #dmv #debacle #title #never #came #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Motors

More >> https://ift.tt/yniJcFL Source: MAG NEWS

No comments:

Theme images by Jason Morrow. Powered by Blogger.