Obama alums bristle at Stephanie Grisham's claim that they left 'you will fail' notes


Obama White House officers pushed back forcefully on press secretary Stephanie Grisham’s declare that they left disparaging notes for the incoming administration predicting that “you will fail” and “you aren’t going to make it.”

A reporter for CNN tweeted out Grisham’s comments, through which she alleged “every office was full of Obama books and we had notes left behind that stated ‘You'll fail,’” and “‘You aren’t going to make it.’” The tweet sparked blowback from outstanding members of the Obama administration who shortly denied and contradicted her account.

Susan Rice, former President Barack Obama’s nationwide safety adviser, called the claim “another bald confronted lie.”

Ben Rhodes, Obama’s deputy nationwide security adviser for strategic communication, condemned Grisham and referred to as her accusation a lie.

“If this happened I additionally don’t assume the complete Trump employees would wait three years to inform us,” he stated. “Unhappy to see the WH press secretary fall this far.”

Valerie Jarrett, a senior adviser to Obama, demanded that Grisham "produce the notes that again this up."

She added: I can't imagine a single considered one of my former colleagues who would do this. From @BarackObama on down, we all tried to help facilitate a clean and orderly transition simply as President Bush and his staff had executed for us."

Former West Wing staffers additionally countered Grisham’s declare by recalling the words of advice they left within the White Home for their successors or noting they left briefing books in an try and clean the transition of power.

Ned Worth, a former CIA intelligence officer, argued Grisham was “proper about one point.”

“I left a observe -- tucked away in my desk -- for my successor. I wanted him success and encouraged him not to develop jaded regardless of the pace and obstacles. I additionally left my private e mail in case he wished to hunt candid recommendation,” he wrote on Twitter, including: “I never heard from him.”

Rice additionally retweeted the CNN reporter, Abby Phillip, who had quoted an excerpt from Rice’s ebook recounting how Rice left a word for her successor Michael Flynn: "On a White Home stationary card, I reiterate my greatest needs for his success in a job so essential to the nation's security. I supply to help him, if ever I might..."

Peter Boogaard, an Obama-era press secretary for the Division of Homeland Safety, referred to as Grisham’s assertion “ridiculous.”


“WH Employees spent countless hours, right up till President Trump Inauguration, getting ready memos to facilitate a clean transition and left notes of encouragement and help for his or her predecessors,” he tweeted. “Should marvel what prompted this outright lie.”

And even Grisham’s predecessor within the East Wing press shop tweeted out the text of the letter she left for Grisham upon assuming her new position within the White House.

Others reacted with humor.

Former Obama speechwriter Jon Favreau, now host of the popular liberal podcast Pod Save America, tweeted that “it's appalling that she thinks our notes would have been that lame.” Another former speechwriter, Cody Keenan, joked in a tweet that “I truly left an iPhone charger if anyone’s seen it, but no, no one left unimaginative notes written at a sixth-grade degree.”

Grisham told POLITICO just days into the new administration that the outgoing press employees left quite a lot of books about Obama in the press office area for the incoming workforce although it’s not clear she talked about any kinds of disparaging notes.

The disparaging notes would mark a dark flip for top jinks that have sometimes greeted incoming administrations. White House aides have a history of pulling pranks on their successors. When President George W. Bush took workplace, his employees discovered Clinton officials had eliminated the “W” key from keyboards in the Eisenhower Government Office Building.

Grisham elaborated on the pushback from Obama officers, saying in an e-mail to POLITICO that "I’m unsure the place their workplaces have been, and positively wasn’t implying every office had that difficulty."

"The truth is, I had a stunning word left for me within the East Wing, and I tracked the lady down and thanked her. I used to be speaking particularly (and truthfully) about our expertise within the lower press workplace – nowhere else, " she continued. "I don’t know why everyone seems to be so sensitive! On the time we noticed it as type of a prank, and something that all the time happened. We have been so busy making an attempt to study where the loos have been and the way to turn on the lights, it wasn’t that huge of a deal."

But different Obama alums rebuffed that rationalization as properly.

"I’ve recognized @joshearnest virtually my complete career, and not only are these accusations antithetical to the ethos of the @BarackObama administration, they are additionally the exact opposite of how teams he leads act—he’d by no means tolerate that sort of BS," wrote Brent Colburn, who worked within the comms division of varied federal businesses.


Article originally revealed on POLITICO Magazine


Src: Obama alums bristle at Stephanie Grisham's claim that they left 'you will fail' notes
==============================
New Smart Way Get BITCOINS!
CHECK IT NOW!
==============================

 

RED MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com