Jenna Bush Hager on Dad George W. Sitting with Ellen DeGeneres: 'I Thought It Was Great'

The pairing of George W. Bush and Ellen DeGeneres had some individuals smiling and others scowling or scratching their heads — “a gay Hollywood liberal sitting subsequent to a conservative Republican president,” as DeGeneres put it — however Jenna Bush Hager “personally thought it was great.”

“My dad likes those that assume in another way than him, that consider in another way, and individuals are stunned by this,” Hager, who turned 38 on Monday, told PEOPLE in a recent at-home interview. “However my mother and father raised each Barbara and I needed to have our personal opinions.”

The Right now co-host says that, even once they have been younger and in middle faculty, “Barbara and I have been sitting around the kitchen table, and clearly we talked about a number of mundane issues, but when we had opinions we have been allowed to share them.”

Discussing the dust-up around her dad’s relationship with DeGeneres, Hager pointed to his bond with former First Woman Michelle Obama, including meme-able moments passing her a cough drop and hugging her.

“I personally, and I feel so many of us, miss a time the place individuals who have totally different opinions get alongside,” Hager says. “And I yearn for that. I would like my youngsters to comprehend that we reside in a world when individuals are assume tons of various things and we deal with everyone with respect and kindness.”

• For more on Jenna Bush Hager’s life now, juggling her Right now show job and three youngsters at residence, subscribe now to PEOPLE or decide up this week’s issues, on newsstands now.

“And so identical to Ellen, my dad does that,” she continues. “And in case you ask anyone that’s worked for him or knows him, plenty of the people who labored for him have totally different opinions or totally different life, thought various things and felt snug sharing that with him because he’s open.”

“I personally thought it was nice,” Hager says of her dad joining DeGeneres on the Oct. 6 Dallas Cowboys recreation.

In accordance to USA As we speak, the Fox broadcast of the game confirmed a snippet of President Bush and DeGeneres — who attended with their wives, former First Woman Laura Bush and Portia de Rossi — smiling and chatting in a personal suite whereas DeGeneres checked out her telephone.

The responses, together with those noticed by USA As we speak, ranged from the stunned to the silly to the sarcastic and important.

RELATED: Jenna Bush Hager Says George W. Bush’s Parenting Style Inspired Equal Partnership with Husband

“Laura & George Bush sitting with Ellen Degeneres and Portia de Rossi just isn't one thing I expected to see at an NFL recreation,” one Twitter consumer wrote. “I might absolutely watch this sitcom though.”

ESPN commentator Clinton Yates tweeted: “Ellen sitting subsequent to Dubya undoubtedly certified as a Sunday shocker.”

Wrote a third consumer: “Identify a extra weird couple.”

There were also many Bush detractors who took challenge with DeGeneres being seen with him, given his conservative politics and anti-gay report while in workplace.

In a attribute response, one consumer wrote on Twitter: “So quirky and fun to see George Bush out with Ellen at a Cowboys recreation after his terrible overseas policy selections killed hundreds of innocent individuals.”

One other Twitter consumer wrote, “As a homosexual man, my life and the rights I've are sometimes underneath assault by individuals like George Bush …. He appointed judges who will doubtless attempt to remove my capacity to reside authentically at work.”

DeGeneres herself defended the second while on her talk show later that week.

“I’m buddies with George Bush. In reality, I’m associates with a lot of people who don’t share the identical beliefs that I have,” she stated.

RELATED: Barbara Bush Made Extra Christmas Stockings for the Great-Grandchildren She Didn’t Live to Meet

“We’re all totally different, and I feel we’ve forgotten that that’s okay that we’re all totally different,” DeGeneres stated. “As an example, I want individuals wouldn’t put on fur. I don’t like it, however I’m associates with people who put on fur.”

Others, including Elton John and Reese Witherspoon, agreed with DeGeneres that the difficulty was, of their minds, finally about acceptance over a political debate.

Hager echoed that as nicely, telling PEOPLE:

“I used to be on maternity depart so I didn’t learn all the dangerous stuff, however I was additionally taught as a toddler if there was dangerous things being written about anyone I really like, I type of ignored that. I just saw the goodness in it.”


Src: Jenna Bush Hager on Dad George W. Sitting with Ellen DeGeneres: 'I Thought It Was Great'
==============================
New Smart Way Get BITCOINS!
CHECK IT NOW!
==============================

No comments:

Theme images by Jason Morrow. Powered by Blogger.