Ivory Coast fan reveals what he told woman after AFCON win and apologises to his wife

New Photo - Ivory Coast fan reveals what he told woman after AFCON win and apologises to his wife
Ivory Coast fan reveals what he told woman after AFCON win and apologises to his wife
Anselme Santos admits he tried getting a female Senegal fan's phone number after Ivory Coast's win at the Africa Cup of Nations
Anselme Santos admits he tried getting a female Senegal fan's telephone number after Ivory Coast's win at AFCON

An Ivory Coast supporter who went viral after his nation's win over Senegal at the Africa Cup of Nations has issued an apology to his wife after he was caught making an attempt to get a lady's phone number through the celebrations.

AFCON hosts Ivory Coast dumped out reigning champions Senegal on penalties in their last-16 tie on Monday night, which sets up a quarter-final clash with Mali this Saturday.

However one other incident at the Charles Konan Banny Stadium was seen by hundreds of thousands worldwide as tv cameras spotted Ivory Coast fan Anselme Santos talking intently to a lady within the stands whilst everybody celebrated around them.

The lady clearly appeared disinterested by the strategy and Santos has now revealed that in the 'euphoria' of Ivory Coast's win, he requested for her quantity.

Santos says he's now 'saddened' and 'upset' after watching his actions again in the viral video and has apologised to the female Senegal supporter, in addition to his circle of relatives.

'Since we have been on the lodge we have been with the Senegal fans, having enjoyable, we danced, we ate, we acquired the bus to the stadium, everyone was having enjoyable,' Santos stated in an interview with Reside TV on Wednesday night.

'We arrived at the stadium, we had the first aim, Senegal fans have been making an attempt to tease us but that's the game. On the stadium we're having enjoyable, everyone is completely happy. For those who went to the stadium to be unhappy it's not good, if Senegal fans sat one aspect and us the other there can be no environment.

'So that's the way you saw it in the video, I used to be sitting additional up [away from the woman] and I used to be strolling down once I noticed her waving the Senegalese flag.

'In the euphoria, we're having enjoyable, we're teasing one another, I informed her, 'give me your quantity'. I didn't insist and when she didn't need to I went again to my good friend nearby in the stands. I didn't see her once more.

When it was steered that the video seemed like he was harassing the lady, Santos replied: 'I don't assume it was insisting, it was just enjoyable at the stadium, we have been teasing, I didn't go to the stadium to select up a lady.

'Once I say, 'give me your number, give me your quantity', it's not essentially because I needed their quantity, we have been having fun, it's all good.'

Santos then added: 'Once I obtained again to the lodge, I saw the video on all the social networks. Once I noticed it, frankly, it saddened me.

'I am a father, I have a household, I want to take this opportunity to apologise my family, my youngsters, my wife after which I take this chance to make an apology from this woman, her household, her group, her husband, her youngsters, we have been having enjoyable and it happened but, frankly, I'm really upset about what occurred.'

For extra stories like this, check our sport page.

Comply with Metro Sport for the newest news on FacebookTwitter and Instagram.


More >> https://ift.tt/Qg7NmMr Source: RED ROADS

No comments:

Theme images by Jason Morrow. Powered by Blogger.