I’m a ‘frequent’ Costco returner but worried I’ll be banned – a worker gave me a ‘heads up’ but I need a last refund | 397D2WB | 2024-05-08 17:08:02

New Photo - I'm a 'frequent' Costco returner but worried I'll be banned – a worker gave me a 'heads up' but I need a last refund | 397D2WB | 2024-05-08 17:08:02
I'm a 'frequent' Costco returner but worried I'll be banned – a worker gave me a 'heads up' but I need a last refund | 397D2WB | 2024-05-08 17:08:02

A COSTCO shopper is worried they are about to have their membership revoked after returning several items years after buying them.

Costco's 100% satisfaction guarantee policy does not have a time limit for returns of most items.

I'm a 'frequent' Costco returner but worried I'll be banned – a worker gave me a 'heads up' but I need a last refund
I'm a 'frequent' Costco returner but worried I'll be banned – a worker gave me a 'heads up' but I need a last refund
Getty
A Costco shopper said an employee "gave them a heads up" after making several returns[/caption]
I'm a 'frequent' Costco returner but worried I'll be banned – a worker gave me a 'heads up' but I need a last refund
I'm a 'frequent' Costco returner but worried I'll be banned – a worker gave me a 'heads up' but I need a last refund
Getty
Even after getting a warning about making several returns, a Costco shopper contemplated making another one[/caption]

A shopper explained in a Reddit post that because of Costco's return policy, they usually use an item for a few years and then return it for a new one.

"I'm one of those frequent returners that doesn't give a f**k," they wrote in the post.

"My brother-in-law told me all the stories about people returning things years later, and he even returned his Traeger [grill] two years after he bought it."

Most recently, they returned a three-year-old beard trimmer and an expensive electric toothbrush that was $150 shortly before.

"Fast forward to today's return. The lady was like, 'Take this how you want but out of the 20 things you've bought in my department, 12 have been returned,'" they wrote.

"She was nice about it, basically giving me a heads up that someone could think that was sketchy.

"I don't feel bad because I'm using the product, and if it breaks or stops working, I return it and buy another."

Unfortunately, they still had to return one more item – a Dyson vacuum.

"I mean, I've spent thousands there, but should I be worried about them blocking my membership?"

Another Reddit user replied and warned about another possibility rather than getting their membership revoked.

                    <!-- End of Brightcove Player -->  

"You'll be blocked from returns before [being] blocked from shopping," they wrote.

"It will come to the point that every return will require you to wait for a manager to come talk to you and approve or deny it.

"As long as you're not a d**k you'll just have to deal with that. If you become hostile, you'll be banned and trespassed for at least a year."

A Reddit user who claimed to be a Costco employee said they have seen people get booted from the wholesale club for returning "far too much."

"[Like] 60% to 70% of all purchases," they wrote.

SPRING FLORALS

Another person claiming to be an employee said they saw a customer return nearly $32,000 worth of trees and plants two years after buying them.

"They were redoing their landscaping, and those no longer fit the new design," they wrote.

"The GM approved the return because they spent a lot of money at that warehouse, and it was worth keeping her happy and continuing to be a member than it was to say no."

                        <p class="article__content--intro">                  What are the details of the famous return policy?               </p>          </div>  </div>  

In a similar situation, a third employee said a shopper would return their Dyson vacuum whenever a new model came out.

"The manager looked at how much the member spent a year and approved it. [Spending] X thousand a year entitled him to free vacuum replacements for life."

One shopper canceled their membership after they were told they couldn't return a rotten item.

Plus, see what happened when a shopper tried to return a decades-old television.

#frequent #costco #returner #worried #ill #banned #worker #gave #heads #last #refund #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Money

More >> https://ift.tt/DViAKJx Source: MAG NEWS

No comments:

Theme images by Jason Morrow. Powered by Blogger.