Countryfile presenter reveals debilitating impact of injury after undergoing injection treatment | LW2I2SA | 2024-04-02 21:08:01

New Photo - Countryfile presenter reveals debilitating impact of injury after undergoing injection treatment | LW2I2SA | 2024-04-02 21:08:01
Countryfile presenter reveals debilitating impact of injury after undergoing injection treatment | LW2I2SA | 2024-04-02 21:08:01

Matt Baker is struggling after injuring his again during panto rehearsals (Picture: BBC Studios/Pete Dadds)-

Countryfile star Matt Baker continues to be coping with the consequences of a devastating back damage.

The 46-year-old presenter and animal lover, who rose to fame on Blue Peter from 1999 to 2006, had admitted he's not 'capable of bend ahead' after hurting himself throughout pantomime rehearsals.

Matt 'slipped a disc' in his back, and as a gymnast he's devastated by the aftermath of the incident.

Asked if he can still do backflips, he advised Gabby Logan on the Mid Level podcast: 'No, I can't now. I've injured my again. I can't inform you how upsetting it is as an ex-gymnast, not to have the ability to bend forward.'

He joked that chatting about numerous aches and pains is a sign of his age, before explaining precisely how his damage occurred.

He revealed: 'I did my again in. I was doing a panto. I used to be doing Goldilocks and the Three Bears and we have been practising with the stunt chairs, and the chair wasn't set appropriately and bang!

The Countryfile star is dealing with the aftermath (Picture: Ken McKay/ITV/Shutterstock)

'I went down on my coccyx and it seems I slipped a disc in my again.'

A herniated disc is the place the smooth cushion of tissue between bones within the backbone push out.

Although the TV veteran did attempt to get himself on the mend with coaching and rehab, he now must have injections for ache aid.

Gabby pointed out that his wife Nicola Baker is a physiotherapist, and he replied: 'I do know, exactly – so we tried all that. Went for the nerve block [injection].'

He had the 'worst Christmas' (Picture: Ken McKay/ITV/Shutterstock)

Although Gabby advised he would 'get that mobility back', he isn't convinced.

Whereas Matt 'tries his hardest' to stay match, he added: 'These are the challenges as you grow old.'

He opened up about his damage earlier this yr, and admitted he had to spend Christmas Day in bed.

He advised the Mail: 'I used to be walking on tightropes, driving unicycles and juggling. The performances acquired increasingly troublesome.

'By Christmas Day I couldn't get away from bed. It was horrendous, absolute agony. We did presents within the bedroom.

'My spouse was very type and put a Christmas tree up in there too, and hung baubles off the doorknobs. I had to have Christmas dinner off a tray. It was my worst Christmas.'

In the meantime, Matt continues to be maintaining busy, and he'll be fronting new Channel 4 travel show Baker's Britain on More 4 as he celebrates 'the extraordinary individuals, locations and things that make up the material of life in the UK'.

Acquired a narrative?

When you've received a star story, video or footage get in contact with the Metro.co.uk leisure group by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.

MORE : Jeremy Clarkson is the farming hero Countryfile never was

MORE : Matt Baker devastated by death of beloved family dog: 'Friend for life'

MORE : The best April Fool's Day jokes from brands

#countryfile #presenter #reveals #debilitating #impact #injury #undergoing #injection #treatment #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #ShowBiz

More >> https://ift.tt/HMyfj5b Source: MAG NEWS

No comments:

Theme images by Jason Morrow. Powered by Blogger.