‘I’m standing up for myself,’ says driver after his tiny home on wheels was towed – he had photo proof and judge agreed | 7A8E9MV | 2024-05-10 12:08:01

New Photo - 'I'm standing up for myself,' says driver after his tiny home on wheels was towed – he had photo proof and judge agreed | 7A8E9MV | 2024-05-10 12:08:01
'I'm standing up for myself,' says driver after his tiny home on wheels was towed – he had photo proof and judge agreed | 7A8E9MV | 2024-05-10 12:08:01

A DRIVER has fought back after he said towing operators accidentally damaged his vehicle when it was removed for parking violations.

The driver took the city to court, saying he hadn't violated parking rules.

'I'm standing up for myself,' says driver after his tiny home on wheels was towed – he had photo proof and judge agreed
'I'm standing up for myself,' says driver after his tiny home on wheels was towed – he had photo proof and judge agreed
Getty
A driver said his motor home was damaged when it was towed (stock image)[/caption]
'I'm standing up for myself,' says driver after his tiny home on wheels was towed – he had photo proof and judge agreed
'I'm standing up for myself,' says driver after his tiny home on wheels was towed – he had photo proof and judge agreed
Getty
The driver claimed he paid off all his parking fines (stock image)[/caption]

Holton Miller, a then-55-year-old resident in Seattle, had his Chevrolet motorhome towed from the street in 2018, according to Real Change News.

Miller's RV was parked in the city's Greenlake neighborhood when a police officer spotted the vehicle.

The officer wrote a ticket, accusing the driver of not paying outstanding tickets.

However, Miller had paid his parking fine tab – new stickers assigned to the vehicle hadn't been posted on the car.

When he was notified about the parking ticket, he returned to the vehicle's street-side space only to find officials had towed the RV.

Miller took the city to court over the parking battle, and the judge sided with the driver.

"Yeah, I'm an ex-felon, and I'm also standing up for myself too," he said to the publication.

The judge ordered the city to release Miller's RV from the confiscation lot, free of charge.

However, Miller said he was nervous he would incur more parking fine debt.

During the tow, the vehicle's axel was broken, Miller said.

                    <!-- End of Brightcove Player -->  

The tow left one of the front wheels facing outward. The RV was rendered inoperable, he said.

Seattle's road laws only allow drivers to put their cars on city streets for 72 hours before they must be moved.

Parking fines racked up on Miller following the judge's ruling.

The driver incurred over $24,000 worth of parking tickets by July 2019, according to The Seattle Times.

Miller had 62 license plate numbers, according to vehicle registration records obtained by the paper.

                        <p class="article__content--intro">                  You can avoid being ticketed by following all posted laws and ordinances, but sometimes mistakes are made               </p>          </div>  </div>  

"I can't make up my mind," Miller told the publication about the fleet of cars.

Miller said that he uses the cars for storage and housing.

The cars helped store his collection of wooden pallets, the publication reported.

#standing #myself #says #driver #tiny #home #wheels #towed #photo #proof #judge #agreed #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Motors

More >> https://ift.tt/0PkvsQ6 Source: MAG NEWS

No comments:

Theme images by Jason Morrow. Powered by Blogger.